- Partner – Smart Cities and Infrastructure
Alfredo is an Industrial and Systems Engineer and has a Master’s Degree in Quality and Productivity Systems from Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM). He also has a diploma in business finance from the EBC and the Diploma Beyond Smart Cities: Emerging Design and Technology from the MIT Media Lab.
Alfredo is a partner at Deloitte Financial Advisory and has experience in strategic, business and planning consulting in Mexico, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Panama and Peru. He has worked with the public, private and multilateral sectors. He focuses on planning, strategy definition, evaluation methodologies, policies, business models and feasibility studies to develop smart city solutions.
In addition, he is the partner leading Deloitte’s Smart Cities initiative in S-Latam (except Brazil and Chile) and global smart cities ambassador at Deloitte. Also, he is a Smart Cities Project Fellow with the World Economic Forum for Latin America.
Some relevant experiences in the urban area:
- Scaling up of the Global Smart City Alliance of the World Economic Forum and the G20 in Latin America and support in the implementation of a network of experts in Smart City public policy.
- Design of a methodology to evaluate the maturity and progress in Smart City of cities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Evaluation of the level of Smart maturity in 10 cities in Latin America, including an action plan with a portfolio of enabling and investment projects to improve the level.
- Pre-feasibility of a Smart City platform for mobility, security and civil protection services in a city in Peru.
- Strategic and regulatory modernization of the Federal Telecommunications Institute of Mexico.
- Pre-feasibility study for the establishment of a Technological Park focused on the IT sector, in a state of the country.
- Identification and design of a pilot project for electromobility in the Colonial City of Santo Domingo.
- Evaluation of the business case of energy technologies for the reduction of energy consumption and expenditure in hospitals in Mexico City.
- Identification of energy technologies and evaluation of the business case to reduce consumption and energy expenditure in public buildings in the State of Guanajuato.
- Market study for suppliers of electric buses, as well as the associated infrastructure and charging equipment.
Before joining Deloitte, Alfredo was a Manager at a Spanish firm, where he led strategy and planning projects and evaluation of social, energy and transportation infrastructure for the public and private sectors.